Pages

Friday 7 May 2021

Code Cracking.

 Code Cracking


This term moana syndicate is trying something called code cracking.  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and thursday after Morning tea, we will go to a different class to learn a whole heap of new sounds.   We will be tested in week five to see if we need to move up a list.  In my group we are learning, long e, short e and the long a. I know all of these sounds but I am learning how to use them to make my sentences better and more interesting. 


My favourite part of code cracking is when we make sentences with the picture dice.  How we do it is we get a dice that has pictures and role it. The picture that it lands on you have to write a sentence about that picture using the sound we are learning.  Another thing I like is when we get creative and make our own sentence with our own subject and our own words.  The teacher tests us on our sounds that we are learning each week but the test in week five will be everything we have learnt. 


After morning tea each day this week I have raced to class so that I will not be late and I never am. Right now I am list 4 but is I pass I will be list five.  I love code cracking and hope we do it every year so that my brothers can do it as well.  If not then the will just miss out but if they do lucky for them.  


      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about