Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

B Grade Gymnastics Festival

 B Grade Gymnastics Festival 


Yesterday  the B grade gymnastics team went to the gymnastics festival.  The day started off normal until my friends came up to me to said "we had to go to the school hall to get our leotards on".  First, we sat down and talked about what cars we were going to travel in to the Gisborne Gymnastics Club and who was doing rhythmic gymnastics.  I was in my Mums car with my sister and some girls  from my class.  We only had girls in the car because the boys did the festival way before us.  When we had gotten dressed we lined up behind the person who drove us to the festival. 


 Finally we had arrived at the GYM Club.  We lined up at different events that we thought  we needed to practice before we performed.  I chose beam and box.  Box is actually the vault but since we are younger it is called box. It was time to line up and get into our rotation  groups that I do not think are necessary because Wainui Beach School was together for the whole festival.  I had done the festival before in C grade but for some reason I was way more nervous this time.  All of a sudden   the teacher said "walk in, your going to start". The man announced our school and we sat down in front of the floor.  I watched and saw everyone else's score get  higher. I got the more nerves .  The person in front of me had faced the judges to say she was finished witch meant it was my turn!  I stood up and started my routine. I could hear my mum cheering which  made me almost muck up.  I had done it! When I sat down I was so eager to see my score. My score was a eight which is a pretty good score if you did not know that.  After seeing my score the other events were pretty easy.  Even though I made a few mistakes I still had a great time.      


       



5 comments:

  1. Hi Millie, I wish you could put in what one you almost mucked up on. But I like it. From Kyla-Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Millie S,
    I like your blog post about the gym festival. It reminds me of the gym festival. But I wish you could of put what routine you almost mucked up on. You also maybe could but in what you did when it says, I had done it.
    Aloha Kyla-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To kyla-Rose: Thank You for the amazing comment. I will try to improve on what you said.
      Thanks again, From Millie.

      Delete
  3. Hi Millie s.
    I really like your post that you just published.It reminds me of the festival.Even though it is good post I wish you could have put in why you mucked up when your mum was cheering you on.Also you didn't explain why you did it.

    Aloha,Bridie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Bridie: Thanks for the great comment,I will definitely try to improve my blog like you said to make it better.

    Thanks again. Frome Millie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about