Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2021

back to school 2021


Back To School 2021


Getting to school

When I started school in 2021 I felt really scared. I didn't  want to start a new year. Most of my friends are in room 3 or room 4. I would have to meet new friends.   


Our pepeha


 

In week two we walked our pepeha.  The photo below is what it looks like.

Wainui beach school pepeha


                                            

What is a pepeha?

  A pepeha is a group of things that you are close to.  That mostly includes the closest mountain,river and mare. It hast to be in the place we live, New Zealand .  My family comes from America but does not really have a pepeha. Now we live in New Zealand and our pepeha is the same as the schools.

 

Hamanatua


The first place we walked to was our stream Hamanatua.  Here are some pictures of the beach by the stream where we played.We had some discovery down by the stream and had a snack.  When we walked back my friends and I talked about the amazing things we did and how much fun we had.

``````

 

 

Maungaroa


Next we walked up Maungaroa, our mountain.  It was long and made me very tired.  So much pain in your legs, it's just like writing but instead of your hand hurting its your legs. Trust me,you do not want to climb that mountain.(It would be way more fun if the mountain had snow or an escalator) We walked there on the road and walked most of the way back on the beach. What a boring day, kind of.




Te poho o rawiri


In week three we rode the bus to te poho o rawiri, our marae.  I want to make it clear that we did not walk there, we drove on a bus.  We heard many stories about the te poho o rawiri's past. What fun everyone had.




 

plain old weeks



We had swimming sports, and finally we are  back at school. Doing all the great things.  Things that are way more exciting, like math,reading and writing. Back at school I can relax while doing all the good work that we missed out on. If you do not like school work do not come to Wainui Beach School.





 

 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about